Powered By Blogger

Denver Broncos Blog

Denver Broncos Blog
Blog Est. April 14th, 2009

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Preview Cowboys vs Broncos



Not that Cowboys vs Broncos game, THIS ONE!!!

This game is the first real test as to whether or not we will have a successful season this year. The Cowboys are not a bunch of pansies like the Raiders and Browns, they are quite formidable. After all, they have been picked over the past few seasons (but not this year) to make it to the Super Bowl. Even though they did not fulfill their destiny, I can't deny that they are not a good team.

I've gone on a few sports sites about discussions of all the 3-0 teams in the NFL. To no surprise the Broncos have been labeled the worst out of all the teams. Mainly because of the soft early schedule and the fluke touchdown pass to Brandon Stokley in Game 1. Winning this game will definitely turn some points of view around.

We are going to see how good our defense really is and see if all the off season acquisitions were worth all the coin we spent. I personally think the defense is going to be fine. We've pressured the quarterback plenty over the first 3 games, and I do not see that coming to a halt against the Cowboys. Dumervil will get a sack or two, and the secondary should be able to get an interception from Romo since he'll be pressured. Romo does not do well against pressure, actually he is down right pathetic when there is a hand in his face.

Our offense on the other hand is going to need to score touchdowns when we're in the red zone. With Marshal back into the mix we look much more like a scoring offense than a conservative run first offense. I'm personally pulling for Gaffney to score a touchdown or two since he is on my fantasy football roster! XD But I would like to see more of Peyton Hillis in the middle of the field and not just at the end zones.

I believe this is going to be a good game, and if we are lucky we will be able to say we blew out the Cowboys. I personally do not like the Cowboys, and I really do not like their fans. They are some of the most obnoxious fans I have ever run into. I'd rather talk about the history between the Broncos and the Raiders with a die hard Raider fan than have to hear all the bullshit about how great the Cowboys are and the whole Texas cow pie. SO, A blow out would be sweet, but I'll keep my perspective in check.

Prediction: Cowboys 17 Broncos 24

Cheers!


PS: As I mentioned before in a previous post, history will repeat itself and Wade Phillips will be replaced by Mike Shanahan if he does not win in the post season


No comments:

Post a Comment